Upcoming:

Tomorrow: Captain America: Civil War

Saturday 17 October 2015

Everest

I spent a long time thinking on how to write this review. And waiting for my laptop to start working again. The movie is based on a true story, and as such, the story won't exactly be the prime example of a perfect three-act arc. 

The film retells the story of a mountaneering group whom have hired Rob Hall to take them to the top of Mt. Everest. The beginnig goes well, a few dangerous moments. But have you ever seen a movie based on a succefful event? Titanic didnt get made because everyone survived now did it? I wont go over the plot or characters too much, rather, I'll tell you about the experience. And boy is it one! The close-up shots of the mountain look so real that I'm starting to think if they actually climbed on to the top of the mountain, even the snow looks so real!! (I'm from Finland, I know how snow works) The over-head- and wide-shots look rather fake though, it might have been the 3D but I just wasn't convinced by the swoopy- musicy- establishing shots of the mountain. 

While its not the next Titanic, in terms of "based on a true-story"-type films, its perfectly good to see if you're a fan of climbing, mountains or a set-piece- enthusiast.

The tag-line is false though, Mt. Everest isnt even the most dangerous mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment